What it Is

Welcome to the online development log for the The Puppeteers, an original comedy by the contemporary commedia dell'arte troupe Zuppa del Giorno. Here you will find lots of research, disjointed rambling and spit-balling, all of which has led to the creation of a show.
Want to book it?
The Puppeteers are available for mid-size venues, with sufficient time to remount! It's a show that can be customized to any area, any audience. Simply contact director Jeff Wills on email!

December 3, 2010

4 puppet tings

1. On Ed Sullivan, Topo Gigio was voiced by Mel Blanc (the voice of Bugs Bunny).
2. Sherry Lewis insisted on having a separate plane seat for Lambchop.
3. Kermit was originally made from Henson's mother's coat.
4. Boglins were popular puppet toys in the 80's that looked like monsters.

2 comments:

  1. HMMMMMMMMM...
    I'ma gonna to guess 1 is a lie. I can see Lewis needing to perpetuate Lamb Chop as a person for kids, Kermit looks a bit like the corner of a coat and I think I dimly remember Boglins (and wanting one).

    But really - I have NO idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is Boglins, but if not, my second guess (assuming second guesses are allowed) is Lamchop. Hi-Ja!

    ReplyDelete