What it Is

Welcome to the online development log for the The Puppeteers, an original comedy by the contemporary commedia dell'arte troupe Zuppa del Giorno. Here you will find lots of research, disjointed rambling and spit-balling, all of which has led to the creation of a show.
Want to book it?
The Puppeteers are available for mid-size venues, with sufficient time to remount! It's a show that can be customized to any area, any audience. Simply contact director Jeff Wills on email!

December 17, 2010

Character Arc: Elizabeth

I start off a little too brash, loud, and fast for my own good. I am a young woman who is so "inter-connected" that I don't know how to actually connect or relate to people on a 'human' level. However, that is all I want. The whole reason why I am as "inter-connected" as I am is that it is a safe way connect, while still protecting my heart. It allows be to be one step out of myself while I connect to 'people' via the web, technology, etc. What I want is to open my heart, slow down, and make a real human connection.

I think perhaps early on in the show, having an interaction with a puppet starts to slow me down and open me up to the open heart and humanity that I am lacking. The fact that it is one step removed from a 'real' human, allows me to feel safe around it, and I start to soften, slow, open.

From this place, as I open up more through the puppets and my heart begins to feel life again, I realize that I am absolutely completely in love with Bob. Pitter patter pitter patter pitter patter . . . ga-gunk, ga-gunk, ga-gunk.

Now, if I could only get the damn puppets to help me get him to love me back . . . or have the puppets been him all along . . .

Through my journey, I find my heart, my humanity, my presence. (Sounds a lot like acting, huh?)

No comments:

Post a Comment