What it Is

Welcome to the online development log for the The Puppeteers, an original comedy by the contemporary commedia dell'arte troupe Zuppa del Giorno. Here you will find lots of research, disjointed rambling and spit-balling, all of which has led to the creation of a show.
Want to book it?
The Puppeteers are available for mid-size venues, with sufficient time to remount! It's a show that can be customized to any area, any audience. Simply contact director Jeff Wills on email!

December 17, 2010

A R C

I have a problem with letting people learn. I feel I run things best by myself. On the show I did most of the puppeteering and voices. It's just easier that way. It takes too much time to sit somebody down and go through the steps. And they'd probably do it wrong anyway. Soooooo.

Here come these 2 girls that are bothersome to the point of me actually getting off my keister and helping them with some crap they were harping about. We've gotten to a point where I am actually incapable of manipulating the puppets. Physically immobile. I have to step by step get these girls to do my work with the puppets. It goes horribly wrong at first but I find they're actually better than I first thought. In fact they're great.

Now I'm mobile again. We come to another "test". This time it's 3 puppeteers versus the world.


Also I think it'd be cool if I show off some of my old characters to the girls and it turns out all my voices just end up being my same yonko voice. The girls shyly have to tell me that my characters all sound the same. I get mad but end up realizing they are right and have to invent new voices. OHHHhhhh the layers of interpretation!

No comments:

Post a Comment